1. Go to Google My Business.
2. Click ‘Start Now’ in the top right corner of the page.
3. Sign into your Google account. If you do not have a Google account, click ‘More options’ then ‘Create Account’.
4. Once signed in, a form will display on the left of the screen and a map will show behind it.
5. Type the name of your business in the first field. Suggestions will appear that may contain your business. If you business does appear, click on it.
6. Fill in the remaining details. Street address cannot be a PO box. If you do not wish to display your address online (eg. if you business does not have a storefront), then select ‘Yes’ to whether you ‘deliver goods and services to my customers at their location’.
7. Once finished, click ‘Continue’.
8. The next screen may display business names that match your business. If your business appears, select it, otherwise click ‘Keep the information I entered’.
9. Check the box to confirm you are authorised to manage your business. Then click ‘Continue’.
10. Next verify your Google business listing. Multiple options to verify your business may appear, or you may have only one option. Pick the option that is easiest for you. Options can include a phone call, an SMS or by mail.
11. Fill in the required details and follow the steps to verify your business.
12. Once the listing is verified, it will show on Google maps and can appear in Google search results.